All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe twelfth century was characterized by intense spirituality as well as rapid ecomic development. Drawing on unprecedented research, Constance Brittain Bouchard demonstrates that the Cistercian monks of Burgundy were exemplary in both spheres. Bouchard explores the web of ecomic ties that linked the Cistercian monasteries with their secular neighbors, especially the knights, and reaches some surprising conclusions about Cistercian attitudes.
- Author BiographyConstance Brittain Bouchard is Distinguished Professor of Medieval History at the University of Akron. Among her many books are Every Valley Shall Be Exalted, Strong of Body, Brave and Noble, Holy Entrepreneurs, and Sword, Miter, and Cloister, all from Cornell.
- Author(s)Constance Brittain Bouchard
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication28/05/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight371 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.