Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA compassionate, humorousmemoir of faith, betrayal, and coming of age on the evangelical sawdust trail. Long before the Blues Brothers coined the term, Donna M. Johnson s family was on a mission from God. She was just three years old when her mother signed on as the organist for tent revivalist David Terrell. Before long, Donna and her family were part of the hugely popular evangelical preacher s inner circle. At seventeen, she left the ministry for good, with a trove of stranger-than-fiction memories. A homecoming like other, Holy Ghost Girl brings to life miracles, exorcisms, and face-offs with the Ku Klux Klan. And that s just what went on under the tent. As Terrell became kwn worldwide during the 1960s and 70s, he enthralled and healed thousands a night, andthe caravan of broken-down cars and trucks that made up his ministry evolved into fleets of Mercedes and private jets. The glories of the Word mixed with betrayals of the flesh, and Donna s mother bore Terrell s children in one of the secret households he maintained. Terrell s followers, dubbed Terrellites by the press, descended on backwaters across the South to await the apocalypse in cult-like communities.Johnson s personal story takes us into the heart of a mystical and deeply flawed family where the rms are anything but rmal and where love covers a multitude of sin. Recounted with the deadpan observations and surreal detail only a kid would tice, Holy Ghost Girl bypasses easy judgment to articulate a rich world in which the mystery of faith and human frailty share a surprising and humorous coexistence.
- Author BiographyDonna M. Johnson has written about religion for The Dallas Morning News and other publications. Holy Ghost Girl won the Mayborn Creative Nonfiction prize as a work in progress. Donna lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband, the poet and author Kirk Wilson.
- Author(s)Donna M Johnson
- PublisherGotham Books
- Date of Publication02/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGotham Books
- Weight227 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.