Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1955 Holy Week was restored by Pope Pius XII, making it possible for many of the faithful to assist at the Masses and services of these days. Father Schmitz prepared a rubrical guide complete with diagrams for both the simple and solemn ceremonies. A simple ceremony with priest and four altar boys is outlined for Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter Vigil. A solemn ceremony with priest, deacon and subdeacon and the appropriate clergy and/or altar boys is also described. The complete Decree of the Sacred Congregation of Rites is reprinted before the rubrical instructions. Also Sermon recommendations are given for Palm Sunday and each day of the Sacred Triduum. Pastors, Masters of Ceremonies and Sacristans will find this book and its companion Holy Week Manual for Servers a valuable tool for the dignified celebration of the liturgy of Holy Week in the Roman Rite. St. Alphonsus writes: a single bad book will be sufficient to cause the destruction of a monastery. Pope Pius XII wrote in 1947 at the beatification of Blessed Maria Goretti: There rises to Our lips the cry of the Saviour: 'Woe to the world because of scandals!' (Matthew 18:7). Woe to those who consciously and deliberately spread corruption-in vels, newspapers, magazines, theaters, films, in a world of immodesty! We at St. Pius X Press are calling for a crusade of good books. We want to restore 1,000 old Catholic books to the market. We ask for your assistance and prayers. This book is a photographic reprint of the original The original has been inspected and many imperfections in the existing copy have been corrected. At Saint Pius X Press our goal is to remain faithful to the original in both photographic reproductions and in textual reproductions that are reprinted. Photographic reproductions are given a page by page inspection, whereas textual reproductions are proofread to correct any errors in reproduction.
- Author(s)Fr Walter J Schmitz
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.