All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionISBN: 9781906147839 / Cat No: TT7CD903 Homage to Catalonia is George Orwell's vivid account of his experiences fighting in the Spanish Civil War, and a portrait of disillusionment which offers background to the anti-Stalinist subtexts to his later vels, Animal Farm and Nineteen Eighty-Four. Orwell's experiences include being shot in the neck by a sniper, and being forced into hiding as factions of the Left battle on the streets of Barcelona. Orwell entered Spain intending to gather an experience worth writing as well as to fight Fascism, and wrote Homage to Catalonia within months of his return. His fresh memories, honesty and bitterness make for a fulfilling and rounded account of a man's journey from naive enthusiasm to a reluctant loss of ideals. The book was praised for being one of few works of literature to come out of the Spanish Civil War which didn't toe the Communist line; instead, Orwell expresses his anger and unsentimentality about the Left, having seen the political chaos of Republican Spain with his own eyes.
- Author BiographyGeorge Orwell (1903 - 1950) is considered one of the best and most original writers of the 20th century. Orwell is best known for his dystopian and satirical fiction.
- Author(s)George Orwell
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCSA WORD
- Weight223 g
- Width128 mm
- Height148 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Running Time539
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.79
- AU $33.46Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $19.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.91
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $44.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.