All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionOur first version of this selection from one of Eastern Europe's major figures sold out. The new version adds two sequences---Give Me Back My Rage- and -Heaven's Ring---as well as some previously unpublished sections of the justly famous series, -The Little Box.- Simic and Popa are a perfect match. A book for surrealists, mythographers, postmodernists, scientists, and lovers of poetry and games. Winner of the PEN Translation Prize.
- Author BiographyCHARLES SIMIC, by virtue of his Yugoslav background and his position as a celebrated contemporary American poet, is ideally situated to be translator for Popa. His years of work on Popa have brought his versions to a pitch of perfection rarely achieved in the translation of poetry. Simic's own most recent collections are Selected Poems and Unending Blues.
- Author(s)Vasko Popa
- PublisherOberlin College Press
- Date of Publication05/06/1987
- LanguageEnglish & Serbian
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleField Translation Series
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationOberlin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOberlin College Press
- Weight186 g
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byCharles Simic
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.