Home Accessibility: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier by Shelley Peterman Schwarz (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by the best-selling author of Multiple Sclerosis: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier and Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier, Home Accessibility: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier is designed to help people with chronic illness, physical disability, temporary or permanent (including low vision, Blind, hard of hearing, the Deaf, and others) and age-related limitations make their homes safer and more accessible without costly remodeling or structural changes. Shelley Peterman Schwarz shares her unique blend of motivation, inspiration and practical tips, techniques and shortcuts with her readers. She has learned from personal experience, to adapt, organise and simplify life. Shelley covers the basic concepts of universal design, as well as kwing what modifications one can do personally and what changes require professional attention. Chapters will cover every room of the home and outdoor living. Readers will also find suggestions for unique products, many t readily available in stores. A resource section at the end of each chapter provides information for contacting support organisations and helpful services and products. Home Accessibility: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier answers questions such as:* How do I live in my home w that I use a mobility device?* How do I get in and out of the shower?* What are some ways to make my kitchen (bathroom/bedroom) easier to use?* How do I get in and out of the house, up and down stairs?* How do I stay connected with the world outside of my home?* And moreShelley Peterman Schwarz teaches and inspires people who are experiencing limitations of all types how to conserve valuable time and energy, develop techniques for making life easier and enjoy life to the fullest.
- Author BiographyShelley Peterman Schwarz and her husband, Dave, live in Madison, Wisconsin. At the time of her diagnosis in 1979, Shelley was working part-time as a teacher of the deaf. Since 1985 she has published more than 300 articles and received numerous awards including the Mother of the Year from the Wisconsin Chapter of the National MS Society, the Partner in Health award from the Combined Health Appeal of America, and the Spirit of the American Woman award from J.C. Penney. Her nationally syndicated, Making Life Easier column appears in numerous newspapers and magazines across the country.
- Author(s)Shelley Peterman Schwarz
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication28/01/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.