All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAbsolutely experience needed! Make your home smarter, safer, and more fun-and save money, too! Home automation is finally practical, useful, and easy! Now, you can control your home exactly the way you want to, without paying monthly fees. This book shows how to do it all yourself, with today's simpler, more reliable, less expensive techlogies. Dennis C. Brewer first makes sure you're comfortable with wiring basics and safety, and then guides you through installing, setting up, and using today's best home automation software. Next, he walks you through several great DIY projects you can complete in just hours. Before you kw it, you'll be controlling appliances, lighting, devices, home security, energy consumption, heating/cooling, and even your home entertainment center. Brewer covers phone interfaces, opportunities to expand, and even offerings from your phone and Internet service providers. When it comes to home automation, the future is here-and it works! * Pick the right products and services, without overspending * Control your home from anywhere, with Android, iPhone, iPad, or your computer * Go green, save energy, all year long * Make your home safer, more secure, and more comfortable * Overcome personal mobility challenges * Get more fun out of your TV and music system
- Author BiographyDennis C. Brewer is a technology enthusiast who has been associated with electrical and electronic projects since attending Washington Middle School in Calumet, Michigan. His early technology experience included testing for and receiving an FCC commercial radio broadcast engineer license that allowed him to become a solo station operator announcer/engineer for WMPL AM/FM radio in Hancock, Michigan,. and finished service as a Chief Petty Officer Interior Communications Electrician to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree. Dennis attended Michigan Technological University (MTU) and served simultaneous membership in the Michigan Army National Guard as a communication Sergeant First Class and a Cadet in the Michigan Technological University Army ROTC program. Upon graduation he was commissioned and a first Lieutenant, Combat Engineer Branch US Army Reserve. Mr. Brewer's employment in government service included the State of Michigan as a computer technology specialist with assignments in the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Department of Management and Budget, and Department of Information Technology. During his 12-year career in State of Michigan Government as a Novell (CNE) certified network engineer and information technology specialist, his experience included hands-on hardware, administration, network management and troubleshooting, consulting and planning services for state agencies, establishment of enterprise-level standards and procedures implementation, data security, and identity management. After retiring from state government, Dennis continued to pursue his interests in technology as an author and independent consultant. Published books by Dennis C. Brewer include: Build Your Own Free-to-Air (FTA) Satellite TV System, by Dennis C. Brewer (McGraw-Hill: Nov 8, 2011) Wiring Your Digital Home For Dummies, by Dennis C. Brewer and Paul A. Brewer (For Dummies/Wiley: Oct 9, 2006) Security Controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 IT Compliance: Authorization, Authentication, and Access, by Dennis C. Brewer (Wiley: Oct 21, 2005) Picture Yourself Networking Your Home or Small Office, by Dennis C. Brewer (Course Technology PTR: Dec 2, 2008) Green My Home!: 10 Steps to Lowering Energy Costs and Reducing Your Carbon Footprint, by Dennis C. Brewer (Kaplan Publishing: Oct 7, 2008) His magazine writing credits include topics on disaster recovery, defining adequate security controls, free satellite TV, and Sarbane s-Oxley controls. For more information about this author and his current technology and writing projects, visit http://www.DennisCBrewer.info.
- Author(s)Dennis C. Brewer
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight534 g
- Width179 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.