Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionWith Home/Bodies, Wendy Schissel brings together a diverse range of voices which explore the concepts of home, gender, and identity. The metaphorical geographies of bodies, places, and spaces are the backdrop for such topics as: transgendered identities; young people and sexual health; kinetic art and disability; adolescent girls and consumer society; palliative care for dying loved ones; women and social activism; and aboriginal and multicultural perspectives. Qualitative research methods are referenced throughout, including interviews, case studies, focus groups, and narrative research. Home/Bodies includes contributions by several new-generation feminist scholars and researchers, along with established teachers, researchers, and activists in the academy and the community.
- Author BiographyWendy Schissel is the Dean of Humanities at Mt. Hood Community College in Gresham, Oregon, and an adjunct professor at the University of Saskatchewan.
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byWendy Schissel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.