Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.95+ AU $11.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksourcesonlineaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.00+ AU $10.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by logicalunsanity
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionCheese making is a wonderful adventure and very rewarding. Much like people who wish to make their own bread, grow their own vegetables or make their own wines and beers, many cheese makers kw that you cant replace the quality of handmade cheese with the mass produced supermarket cheeses available today. There is doubt in my mind that the cheeses I can make myself at home are far superior to the commercially produced cheese at the supermarket. Plus, I can make various boutique cheeses at home which aren't readily available at the stores. Additionally, the importance of eating foods without chemical additives, artificial colourings and preservatives is growing, as the awareness of the negative effects of these n-food additives increases. As with other foods, when you make your own cheeses you control the ingredients and can guarantee that you are eating pure, whole foods and t some man-made synthetic product that you really should t be putting into your body in the first place. While there is a specific science to cheese making, it is also and art form and craft. The more cheese you make, the better you will get at it. Once you have mastered the basics, you can begin to experiment and create your own speciality cheeses to suit your own personal taste and the taste of your family and friends. There have been hundreds of different cheeses developed all over the world, over centuries of cheese making, by artisans who have added their own personal magic to the craft. These cheese makers have contributed to the creation of an incredibly rich culture of cheese making, benefiting both the cheese maker and the cheese consumer. You can w do this in your own kitchen, with minimum equipment, creating your own cheeses for every day consumption and special occasions. Over 40 recipes for cheeses, yoghurt and kefir, on over 200 colour photo and information packed pages. This book is the culmination of over 25 years of home cheese making, and some intensive research to understand the science behind the art of cheese making. Directions for -10 Fresh, unripened cheeses -13 Hard cheeses -4 Stretched curd cheeses -4 Eye cheeses -2 White mould ripened cheeses -4 Blue mould cheeses -3 Washed rind cheeses -2 Goat's milk cheeses -Whey ricotta -a selection of other cultured products, such as Sour cream, Yoghurt & Kefir
- Author(s)Valerie Pearson
- PublisherPaerson Family Trust
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPaerson Family Trust
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.