All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery year, tens of millions of homes throughout the U.S. and Canada lose power for hours, days, even weeks. With weather growing fiercer and electrical grids more overloaded, it's likely to get worse. You can keep your home functioning and safe in a power outage - this book will tell you what your options are. Not just the raucous, industrial-looking generators you may be thinking of, but generators that come in compact sound-proofed boxes and sit ready to turn on immediately and run without any intervention for days if necessary - or for a week or two with just a little routine attention. Or ways to modify a solar or wind power system to serve as a backup. Whether your budget is less than $1,000 or upwards of $30,000, whether you need to power just a few essentials or an entire large house or small business, whether you live in the country, suburbs, or city - the answers are here. Home Generator Guide 2013 will tell you how to meet your needs with power from natural gas, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel, sun, or wind. There's a tremendous range of alternatives. This book tells you what you need to understand them and make an intelligent choice. While it doesn't go into the specifics of particular models or contractors, it tells you how to find them. It lays stress on ecomics and where you can save money - and where there are hidden pitfalls. Note that Home Generator Guide 2013 is written for readers in North America and a few other places where power is governed by variations on the U.S. National Electrical Code (NEC) or Canadian Electrical Code (CEC). It will be less applicable elsewhere. A printable preview can be downloaded from the link at Home-Generator-Guide.com.
- Author BiographyWill O'Neil has researched home backup systems thoroughly, based on many years of background as an engineer in the aerospace industry and direct experience with backup systems.
- Author(s)Will O'Neil
- Date of Publication24/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.