All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the advances in digital techlogy, musicians can w produce their own music. But the gear is only part of the equation when it comes to recording and mixing. The next part is finding a soundproof room that you can produce it in. Unfortunately, any old room in your house will t suffice for a quality recording. Without a decent room, you'll never be able to record a studio-quality recording you'll be proud of and excited to have other people hear. So how do you go about creating a space in your home that has similar acoustics to that of a world-class studio? How do you soundproof this room to keep your sound in and outside ise out? How do you construct or modify the room so that its size and shape best complement its function? HOME RECORDING STUDIO: BUILD IT LIKE THE PROS, SECOND EDITION teaches you how to do all these things, from building a professional home studio to saving thousands of dollars in the process. This book teaches you how to design and understand your room - how to treat it, wire it, and condition it - while using widely available materials. Each step features visual aids to illustrate underlying concepts, as well as professional tips and examples from actual studios. Everything is covered, from room design to electrical considerations, from room treatments to codes, permits, special needs, and more.
- Author BiographyWith more than 34 years of construction experience, Rod Gervais gives you a comprehensive and cost-effective plan for building that home studio that will have you building and recording in no time. A complete glossary of terms is also included, and a collection of handy tools to aid you in your design is available on the companion Web site.
- Author(s)Rod Gervais
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, black & white line drawings, diagrams, figures
- Weight1020 g
- Width217 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.