Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.38Trending at AU $38.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.64
- AU $32.19Trending at AU $33.36
About this product
- DescriptionOverview: Whether you're a vice home cook or a seasoned professional, this book will give you all the tools you need to prepare hundreds of simple, healthful, and delicious meals. How did this book earn its name? Why, because each and every recipe is a home run! Each one is a crowd-tested hit. Every recipe is easy to make, even if you've never cooked before! The only ingredients required are usually inexpensive and easy to find. The meals are all healthful - just take a look at the nutrition analysis! This book covers all four bases of home run cooking and will make healthful, tasty meals a snap! Description: Home Run Cooking is an engaging, accessible, and fun guide to healthful cooking. It starts with the absolute basics, walking readers through setting up and stocking their kitchens, learning proper knife skills, reviewing food safety and kitchen safety, and learning the proper approaches to cooking with heat. From there, the book moves up to helping readers successfully prepare actual recipes themselves. It divides these lessons into approachable, easy-to-understand chapters that are illustrated with fun drawings and charts, and there's tons of guidance and quick tips thrown in along the way. The recipes that allow the readers to apply their newfound skills are organized into 7 categories: breakfast, soups and sauces, appetizers and snacks, salads, side dishes, entrees, and desserts. Get Culinary Art Instruction! This book is written by an award-winning professional chef with years of experience in professional and home kitchens. She has been successfully developing recipes for decades and kws just what tips will take a dish from good to great. Home Run Cooking is full of photos of the foods that go along with each recipe and there are tons of tips for presentation, substitutions, and added nutrition. You can rest assured that these recipes have been made over and over and that they work every time. You will definitely want to make them all the time. Get Nutrition Tips! This book is full of information about healthful food preparation and eating, and each recipe is nutrient-dense. Review the chapter guides to learn to cook in a healthful manner for each family member. Each recipe is also trans fat free, while most are also low in both saturated fat and sodium. They are all good sources of fiber, too. There are even tons of fun nutrition tips scattered throughout the book, all of which are based on the latest peer-reviewed research and scientific studies. Put Healthful Meals on the Table Quickly and Easily You will want to refer to this book over and over for great dinner ideas.
- Author BiographyJudy's passion for cooking began with helping her grandmother make raisin oatmeal for breakfast. From there she earned her first food service job at 15, was accepted to the world famous Culinary Institute of America at 18 (where she graduated second in her class), and went on to the Fachschule Richemont in Switzerland where she focused on pastry arts and baking. She was an executive pastry chef for Hyatt Resorts for over 8 years. But after learning that the quality of a croissant directly varies with how much butter it has, Judy sought to challenge herself by coming up with recipes that were as healthful as they were tasty. During over 30 years of inventing new ways to look at food, Judy has been awarded such honors as The Culinary Institute of America's Pro Chef II certification, the American Culinary Federation Bronze Medal, Gold Medal, and Chef of the Year. Her enthusiasm for eating nutritiously and deliciously leads her to constantly innovate and use the latest in nutritional science to guide her creativity, from putting new twists on fajitas to adapting Italian brownies to include ingredients like toasted nuts and cooked honey. Judy's publishing company, Food and Health Communications, is dedicated to her vision that everyone can make food that tastes as good as it is for you.
- Author(s)Judy Yovin Doherty
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.