All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionHOME RUN is the story of Kevin Myers, a Christian leader who found himself hitting walls in his personal and professional life as the high expectations he had for a church plant spiraled into a train wreck for five years. Through a season of brokenness, the discovery of God's pattern for living, and the mentoring of John Maxwell, Kevin turned around his life and leadership. God taught Kevin that he was living his life backwards. He discovered a biblical pattern for living, which transformed his life, leadership, and relationships. Only then did the church start growing. Now he and John are teaching others what Kevin learned so that readers can also apply the lessons and live life to the fullest as Jesus promised in John 10:10. Using a baseball diamond as an analogy for living by God's pattern, Kevin teaches an idea that's simple eugh to communicate to a child, yet has eugh depth to carry the truths to adults. Each base on a baseball diamond represents God's desired pattern for life: Connection with God, Character, Community, and Competence. The breakdown occurs because most people run the bases backwards. In our performance-based culture, they run straight to third base (Competence), focusing on performance to the detriment of relationships, character, and their connection with God.
- Author BiographyKevin Myers is the Senior Pastor of 12Stone Church, the largest Wesleyan church and the 29th largest church in the U.S. Kevin sold everything in 1987 and left Michigan to plant the church in Georgia, for spiritually unresolved people. He has been in pastoral ministry for nearly thirty years. Kevin and his wife, Marcia, have four kids and live in Lawrenceville, Georgia. John C. Maxwell is an internationally respected leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold more than 21 million books. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP, a non-profit organization that has trained more than 5 million leaders in 176 countries worldwide. Each year he speaks to the leaders of diverse organizations, such as Fortune 100 companies, foreign governments, the National Football League, the United States Military Academy at West Point, and the United Nations. A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Business Week bestselling author, Maxwell's The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership has sold more than two million copies. Developing the Leader Within You, and The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader have each sold more than one million copies. His blog can be read at JohnMaxwellOnLeadership.com. He can be followed at Twitter.com/JohnCMaxwell.
- Author(s)John C. Maxwell,Kevin Myers
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrand Central Publishing
- Content Note10 diagrams
- Weight292 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.