All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionMany Americans worry about what they see as a growing gulf between the American public and its public schools. Troubling trends seem to indicate a fraying relationship among families, schools, and communities. Education reform has become the topic of many conversations as well as books and articles. There is widespread agreement that schools and education curricula need to be fixed, but there is agreement on how this can be accomplished. Educators across the nation are implementing ideas and strategies that are making a difference in children's lives and in the health and well being of our communities. Structured in ten chapters, this book will help educators weave some of the best ideas for creating and sustaining family and community engagement into a comprehensive home-school-community partnership program tailored to their own communities. Website references and URLs for additional exploration are included. For educational leaders, teachers, and family and community advocates interested in creating and maintaining home-school-community partnerships and collaborative initiatives.
- Author BiographyLarry E. Decker is the Charles Stewart Mott Professor and Eminent Scholar Chair in Community Education at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida. Virginia A. Decker is managing editor and senior consultant of Community Collaborators in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Author(s)Larry E. Decker,Virginia A. Decker
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication10/12/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteindex
- Weight431 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.