All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA courageous Christian couple have a well-deserved taste of heaven... But only a brief sampling before they must return to earth to embark on ather mission of importance to God and their own futures as members of the Church in her role as Bride of Christ. As Earl and Joyce pursue their mission in America, Israel and her implacable enemies clash in the first skirmishes of the great war of Israel's annihilation. In this fourth vel of the Buddy series, Earl and Joyce Cook pick up their battered bodies from the street in Texas where they had been brutally assaulted and left for dead, and head out on a new mission to free a fellow Christian. They are joined by a courageous Israeli spy to form a team dedicated to bringing the Word of God to Americans who have resisted the acceptance of the dreaded mark of the beast described in Revelation 13 and 14.As the Americans encounter numerous hazardous obstacles to their pursuit of their objective, Jacob and his new wife Moira witness the beginning of open warfare between Israel and her hatred-laden neighbors as foretold in Psalm 83. After a brief interlude initiated by God, the follow-on battle of Ezekiel 38 and 39 ensues, forcing Jacob and Moira into dangerous confrontations with the enemy. The Chinese join the final battle over Jerusalem as the conflagration expands to involve the entire world. When all seems lost, God introduces a wild card into the melee - a large tribe of fighters, kwn the world over as brave and fierce warriors but never before associated with Israel.The adventures and romantic involvements of the key characters merge into the events foretold long ago by Jesus and the ancient prophets Daniel, Ezekiel and Zechariah as the world, driven by power-drunk madmen under the control of their evil master Satan, culminates in the final Battle of Armageddon. As in the previous three vels of the Buddy Series, the adventures color insights into the nature of God that are suitable for an in-depth Bible Study of concepts and associations rarely, if ever, presented to the lay public.
- Author BiographyArthur Perkins is an electrical engineer by training and a Christian at heart who takes seriously the commandment of Moses, repeated by Jesus, to Love our God with all our hearts, souls and might. In honor of that love, Art and his wife Carolyn have devoted time to sharing Scripture with others in nursing and assisted-living homes. In the course of the nursing home activity, Art met the key figure in Buddy which whom he shared the experience of flight as chronicled in that novel. In Cathy, Art built upon Earl and Joyce's adventures, this time with Cathy and in an end-time setting. In Jacob, their adventures continue alongside Jacob and his dedicated cadre of Messianic Jews as a harsher and more repressive world government drags the world into the War of Armageddon. Now in Home, Sweet Heaven the chaos deepens and the battles involving Israel become reality. As the novel unfolds, Art continues his practice in the previous novels of presenting to the reader little-known insights into the nature of God that are of crucial importance in today's chaotic world. Art and his wife Carolyn have shared together many of the personal experiences attributed to Earl and Joyce Cook in these novels. Since their retirement, they continue to build a repertoire of treasured memories out of their mutual interests and incredible adventures. Art and Carolyn live in the foothills of Mount Rainier in rural Western Washington.
- Author(s)Arthur Perkins
- PublisherSignalman Publishing
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSignalman Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.