All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionHome: Thoughts on Belonging is the final memoir in Raven's trilogy of becoming a healer ( The Reluctant Tarot Reader: Adventures in the Gypsy Trade and Just Ather Crazy Cat Lady Story ) and her most intimate to date. Raven tells of her upbringing in a strict, fundamentalist household with two older brothers, also adopted. She makes the difficult decision to leave the church once she comes out as a lesbian and struggles for years with the unanswered questions: Who is my mother? Who am I? This need to belong does t cease with age or accomplishment -- and it is t for the faint of heart to begin the search for home. Raven seeks out her beginnings in the faces of lovers, over 20 homes in two decades and thousands of miles. She meets her great love, Taurus -- and learns what it means to walk away from a soulmate until she can come to terms with her own history. Heartfelt, humorous and wise, Home: Thoughts on Belonging is the story of a woman who doesn't understand strength until she embraces her story and, in the telling, finds her freedom.
- Author BiographyRaven Mardirosian is the author of Home: Thoughts on Belonging. Her essay, Christian LGBT Kids: You're Part of the Plan is included in the New York Times bestselling anthology by Dan Savage and Terry Miller, It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying and Creating a Life Worth Living. She's written 8 other transformational books: The Reluctant Tarot Reader: Adventures in the Gypsy Trade ; Just Another Crazy Cat Lady Story ; 365 Ways To Keep It Real, Heal Yourself and Be Free ; Spirit, Flow: A Photographic Prayer ; The Words Remain ; We Dream Anew ; Chrysalis: Poems of Release and Esprit, Vole: Priere photographique. She has published 4 works of fiction under a nom de plume and created a relaxation DVD with Dr. William Kelley, An Hour of Peace: Words, Music and Images for Relaxation. Raven developed and hosted the popular podcast, Tarot Talk. She holds an M.A. in English with additional graduate studies at Bread Loaf School of English. Raven was a high-school English teacher for many years in New York City and Vermont public schools. She is now a sought-out spiritual teacher and Tarot reader who has given thousands of sessions to clients worldwide for over 12 years. Known for her humor, sensitivity and insight, Raven continues to offer her gifts through Tarot and Reiki sessions, consulting, classes and books. Follow her adventures at shivayawellness.com and on Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and goodreads.
- Author(s)Raven Mardirosian
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.