All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA poignant, timely, and universal picture book about fear, adoption, family, and the joy of fatherhood, written by beloved and award-winning author Vera B. Williams and illustrated by the author in collaboration with two-time Caldecott Medalist Chris Raschka.After Lester is adopted by Daddy Albert and Daddy Rich, he develops a big problem he can't fall asleep. Night after night he creeps into his parents' room and attempts to crawl in between his two daddies, confident that if he's with them and their dog, Wincka, thing bad will happen to him ever again. But every night, Lester's new dads walk him back to his own room, hoping that eventually Lester will get used to the new house and his new family and feel as though he belongs. They buy him a bike and take him for ice cream. They make cocoa and introduce him to his cousins. But matter how happy Lester seems during the day, he still gets scared and worried at night! It's the sweet dog Wincka who finally solves the problem when she climbs into Lester's bed and promptly falls asleep, serving as both his pillow and his protector. Lester feels home at last.Vera B. Williams died on October 16, 2015, while still working on this book with her dear friend and fellow artist Chris Raschka. Chris Raschka's astonishing and glorious full-color paintings are based on sketches by Vera B. Williams and hor both her spirit and her intent. Home at Last is a universal, timely, and timeless book about the right of all children to belong someplace safe.
- Author(s)Vera B Williams
- PublisherGreenwillow Books
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwillow Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width239 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Raschka,Vera B Williams
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.