All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 9/11, the U.S. government and the private sector have devised sophisticated ways of protecting people and assets. The threats have evolved, however, becoming more insidious. They longer comprise just terrorists who target critical infrastructures. They also include insider threats, such as PFC Manning and NSA contractor Swden who leaked classified defense information, active shooter incidents like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, and the 2013 Boston Marathon terrorist bombing. These events make it imperative for the public and private sectors to engage in effective partnership to protect people, facilities, and national infrastructure assets. Homeland Security and Private Sector Business: Corporations' Role in Critical Infrastructure Protection, Second Edition identifies the role the private sector plays in securing our homeland and offers strategies to aid in the fight against national and international threats. Addressing mandates and legislation introduced since the first edition, this new edition includes: * Updates to the NIPP (National Infrastructure Protection Plan) * New case studies of both proper security policies and procedures in practice versus costly security breaches * Greater focus on smaller business and practical immediate use guidance * New measures for assessing and addressing vulnerabilities and threats * New appendices with sample plans and practical checklists Supplying tools that can easily be adapted and applied to every business situation at all budget levels, the book helps businesses counter the total threat, from traditional terrorists to inside betrayers-providing a clear blueprint for securing people and assets.
- Author BiographyElsa Lee served as a U.S. Army counterintelligence officer and special agent for 20 years in the fight against terrorism and espionage in the United States, Europe, Central America, and Asia. She is now a lecturer and the CEO and founder of Advantage SCI, LLC, a professional services firm with offices in Washington, D.C.; Texas; and California. The company provides corporate, homeland, and national security services to government and private industry. Lee works with key member representatives of the critical national infrastructures, the academic community, and the U.S. government. She has been quoted extensively in national and international newspapers and professional journals and has appeared on Univision, Telemundo, CNN, Fox News, CBS News, Voice of America, and Canada Business Channel.
- Author(s)Elsa Lee
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication16/02/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note37 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.