About this product
- DescriptionA white mob marches on a mosque in Chicago. A priest stands and tells his stunned parishioners that their intolerance must change. In West Virginia, a high school girl writes on her shirt, When I saw the dead and dying Afghani children on TV, I felt a newly recovered sense of national security.' The school board calls it a 'treasous act.' The president signs a GBP350 billion tax cut. The United States launches 'preventive war'. Flag sales jump 150%. The flying flags cover a wound, but t the one we expect. Homeland sets a new standard for journalism.'
- Author BiographyWhen he isn't crossing the country talking to the people who live here, former newspaper reporter DALE MAHARIDGE has been a visiting professor of journalism at Columbia University and Stanford. He was a Nieman Fellow at Harvard University in 1987-88. He lives in Northern California. MICHAEL WILLIAMSON is a photographer for the Washington Post who, in addition to the Pulitzer Prize he shares with Maharidge, won a second Pulitzer Prize for his coverage of the war in Kosovo. His other honors include the World Press Photo and Nikon World Understanding Through Photography awards.
- Author(s)Dale Maharidge
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/01/2005
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Content Note40
- Weight419 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Williamson
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.