Homelessness in America: Perspectives, Characterizations, and Considerations for Occupational Therapy by Georgiana L. Herzberg, Kathleen Swenso Miller, Sharon A. Ray (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to better address the needs of the homeless The causes of homelessness are complex and varied. Homelessness in America provides an overview of the state of research on the homeless population from an occupation and societal participation perspective. This important resource explores the systems of care in which homeless services are organized, the tailoring of services to meet the needs of diverse types of homeless, the newest trends in services, and crucial funding sources. Research is comprehensively examined from an occupation-based perspective, including studies on specific issues pertaining to various homeless populations. This in-depth discussion provides a vital understanding of homelessness using a client-centered and strengths-based approach in occupational therapy. Much of the research and writings of occupational therapists who work with homeless populations has been scattered throughout various diverse publications. Homelessness in America: Perspectives, Characterizations, and Considerations for Occupational Therapy gathers into one useful volume important insights, practical strategies, and valuable research into the many challenges concerning homelessness. Various effective interventions are discussed in depth. Several leading authorities explore current issues and offer illuminating case studies, extensive reference lists, and helpful tables of funding sources. Topics in Homelessness in America include: * results of an Internet-based survey of assessment tools used with the homeless * a critical examination of the assumptions of who becomes homeless--and why * typologies of homelessness * current trends in service delivery * federal organization and sources of funding for services * exploratory study of occupational concerns and goals of homeless women with children * study illustrating the value of the theory of Occupational Adaptation * mother-toddler interactions in transitional housing * the role of occupational therapy in the youth homelessness problem * homeless youths' after-school and weekend time use * guiding intervention by using the Model of Human Occupation (MOHO) * productive role involvement at Project Employ * study on life skills interventions with effective recommendations * much more Homelessness in America is insightful, important reading for occupational therapy educators, students, practicing occupational therapists, program directors of services to the homeless, and policymakers.
- Author(s)Georgiana L. Herzberg,Kathleen Swenso Miller,Sharon A. Ray
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2007
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.