All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is my kitchen. Come on in, but be prepared it might t be quite what you expect. There is flour on the counter, oats that overflowed onto the floor, chocolate-encrusted spoons in the sink. There is Joey, the husband, exhausted by the thirty-five preschoolers who were hanging on him all day, and he is stuffing grala into his mouth to ease his five o clock starvation. There are two little girls trying to show me cartwheels in that miniscule space between the refrigerator and the counter where I really need to be. In her debut cookbook, Alana Chernila inspires you to step inside your kitchen, take a look around, and change the way you relate to food. The Homemade Pantry was born of a tight budget, Alana s love for sharing recipes with her farmers marketcustomers, and a desire to enjoy a happy cooking and eating life with her young family.On a mission to kick their packaged-food habit, she learned that with a little determination, anything she could buy at the store could be made in her kitchen, and her homemade versions were more satisfying, easier to make than she expected, and tastier. Here are her very approachable recipes for 101 everyday staples, organized by supermarket aisle from crackers to cheese, pesto to sauerkraut, and mayonnaise to toaster pastries. The Homemade Pantry is a celebration of food made by hand warm mozzarella that is stretched, thick lasagna odles rolled from flour and egg, fresh tomato sauce that bubbles on the stove. Whether you are trying a recipe for butter, potato chips, spice mixes, or ketchup, you will discover the magic and thrill that comes with the homemade pantry. Alana capturesthe humor and messiness of everyday family life, too. A true friend to the home cook, she shares her tense moments to help you get through your own. With stories offering patient, humble advice, tips for storing the homemade foods, and rich four-color photography throughout, The Homemade Pantry will quickly become the go-to source for how to make delicious staples in your home kitchen.
- Author BiographyALANA CHERNILA writes, cooks, sells fresh vegetables, and teaches cheese making. She created the blog EatingFromTheGroundUp in 2008. Alana is a graduate ofSt. John sCollegeinSanta Feand lives with her husband and their two young daughters in westernMassachusetts, where she is a selectman.
- Author(s)Alana Chernila
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter
- Content Note50-75 colour photographs
- Weight1034 g
- Width190 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.