All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionHomeopathy for Measles is an easy-to-use practical guide for newcomers to homeopathy to self-prescribing safe, n-toxic homeopathic remedies for the common symptoms of the measles virus in an otherwise healthy child. It does t discourage essential treatment for conditions for which medical supervision should be sought - parents and guardians are encouraged to make their own well-informed decisions regarding vaccinations. Homeopathy treats the person t the disease and homeopathic remedies have side-effects and cant weaken your child's immune system. Homeopathy for Measles is written in an easy to follow style and recommends ten of the most effective homeopathic remedies for the symptoms of measles in the 30c potency. Homeopathic remedy descriptions are short and self-explanatory. Readers may find the Self-Help chapter especially useful particularly the guidelines on treating fever. This chapter also explains how to recognize and deal with any complications. Care and safety of the child are paramount and professional medical help, which may include classical homeopaths, is advised should problems arise. A choice of international specialist suppliers of homeopathic remedies is included to help locate remedies in various countries. Ather important addition is a simple three-step guide to observing and classifying reactions after giving remedies, with follow-up actions if necessary. These suggestions concur with the principles of classical homeopathy to ensure optimal success in prescribing. Homeopathy for Measles is interspersed with color photographs and pertinent quotations. For instance, does homeopathy work? Paolo Bellavite et al explains: We w have the results of studies that have used homeopathic remedies under well-kwn experimental conditions, as well as conventionally produced experimental evidence indirectly explaining homeopathic phemena. The current scientific literature contains a substantial body of evidence and examples that may provide new insights improving our understanding of the principle of similarity and the action of small (or highly diluted) doses of medicines, particularly on the immune system and host defenses (39-45). These studies document and may clarify some of the specific aspects of the biochemical regulatory mechanisms possibly underlying the observed paradoxical phemena. The 'simile' - brought back to its biological meaning of the inverted, or paradoxical, effects of the same or similar compounds - can operate under a number of experimental and reproducible conditions. Anyone who adopts an unprejudiced position will discover that immulogy and the whole of modern biology in general can offer a considerable contribution to the understanding of homeopathy in a framework that is t very different from the conventional context. In other words, although it is true that some of the most reductionist molecular lines of modern science are ultimately incompatible with the systemic nature of homeopathic thought, it is equally true that many others are perfectly compatible. (Paolo Bellavite, Anita Conforti, Valeria Piasere, and Riccardo Ortolani, Immulogy and Homeopathy. 1. Historical Background, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2, . 4, pp. 441-452, 2005. doi:10.1093/ecam/neh141 - distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License http: //creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ ). Homeopathy for Measles also contains additional informative chapters like Brief History and Explanation of Homeopathy, Some Measles Cases, Some Useful Contacts, and Suggested Reading.
- Author BiographyAnn Sorrell BA (Hons), DSH is a qualified classical homeopath and writer who has had over twenty-five years' experience practicing homeopathy around the world.
- Author(s)Ann Sorrell Ba (Hons) Dsh
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.