All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionBy the 1880s, some of the more affluent visitors decided to build their own cottages. From 1885 to 1905, Scientific American Building Monthly published floor plans, photographs, and descriptions of hundreds of homes, to inspire architects, builders, and clients. A tour of 52 lovely, distinctive homes designed and built in Maine more than a century ago are shared with a contemporary audience by the state's foremost architectural experts.Together with photographs of the homes taken by David Clough, Shettleworth, Hanson and Glass provide expert commentary on both the home and its times. A book t to be missed by anyone who loves Maine, architecture, or the grand homes of a grander time.
- Highlights the Shingle Style summer cottages and town houses that flourished in Bar Harbor, Portland, the Casco Bay islands, Prouts Neck, Kennebunkport, and elsewhere on the Maine coast around the turn of the last century.
- Features floor plans and photographs from the pages of the Scientific American Building Monthly.
- Also features gorgeous exterior and interior color photography of 32 homes.
- Author(s)Christopher Glass,Earle G Shettleworth Jr,Scott T Hanson
- PublisherTilbury House Publishers
- Date of Publication26/11/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTilbury House Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1420 g
- Width231 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographer(s)David Clough
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.