Homogeneous Catalysis: Mechanisms and Industrial Applications by Sumit Bhaduri, Doble Mukesh (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $138.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $157.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last decade, the area of homogeneous catalysis with transition metal has grown in great scientific interest and techlogical promise, with research in this area earning three Nobel Prizes and filing thousands of patents relating to metallocene and n-metallocene single site catalysts, asymmetric catalysis, carbon-carbon bond forming metathesis and cross coupling reactions. This text explains these new developments in a unified, cogent, and comprehensible manner while also detailing earlier discoveries and the fundamentals of homogeneous catalysis. Serving as a self-study guide for students and all chemists seeking to gain entry into this field, it can also be used by experienced researchers from both academia and industry for referring to leading state of the art review articles and patents, and also as a quick self-study manual in an area that is outside their immediate expertise. The book features: Topics including renewable feed stocks (biofuel, glycerol), carbon dioxide based processes (polycarbonates), fluorous solvents, ionic liquid, hydroformylation, polymerization, oxidation, asymmetric catalysis, and more Basic principles of orgametallic chemistry, homogeneous catalysis, and relevant techlogical issues Problems and answers, industrial applications (case studies), and examples from proven industrial processes with clear discussions on environmental and tech-commercial issues Extensive references to cutting edge research with application potential and leading patents Tables and illustrations to help explain difficult concepts
- Author BiographySumit Bhaduri received his Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge and conducted post-doctoral research at Universidad di Milano, the University of Cambridge, and Northwestern University. He has over 20 years of experience in corporate R&D, covering areas as diverse as pharmaceutical intermediates, polyolefin catalysts, and cement, and he has additionally worked with Northwestern University for over 15 years as a Visiting Professor. Doble Mukesh received B. Tech and M. Tech degrees in Chemical Engineering from IIT, Madras, India, a Ph. D. from University of Aston, Birmingham, UK, and conducted postdoctoral work at the University of Cambridge, U.K., and Texas A&M. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Biotechnology at IIT Madras (India) and has previously worked for 20 years in Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) and General Electric Technology centers. He has authored or coauthored 165 technical papers, five books and filed 4 patents. He is a recipient of Herdillia Award for Excellence in Basic Research from Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, a member of the American and Indian Institute of Chemical engineers, and on the editorial board of the journal CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (McGraw Hill).
- Author(s)Doble Mukesh,Sumit Bhaduri
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight534 g
- Width156 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.