All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionTruth in nutrition is hidden, with many books, sales pitches, hunches and politics. Honest Nutrition sorts through the prattle. You will better understand foods, supplements and disease.
- Author BiographyThe author earned a degree in chemistry, was employed in chemical research for Weyerhaeuser, then learned biochemistry and physiology in medical school at the University of Washington. After a year in a public health lab, a master's degree, teaching certificates, five years of teaching premedical courses at Northwest Nazarene College, I thought I knew nutrition. Wrong. I knew no more than my successful medical classmates, who still think they know nutrition. Realizing how little I knew, I determined to learn. Finding reliable information among much academic doctrine, fake research and sales pitches proved to be near impossible. The challenge became an obsession. Several years of day and night study didn't answer all my questions, but I found enough to write an informative book that includes political, social, financial, biochemical and medical context surrounding nutritional questions. I am biased in favor of simple, inexpensive therapy. I sell no products or therapy, and am not paid by any medical or nutritional organization.
- Author(s)Ira Edwards
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication06/11/2006
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight663 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.