All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith details concerning major attractions, off-the-beaten-track spots, drinking and nightlife venues, and restaurants and hotels/hostels from all over the city, Panda Guides Hong Kong is the most complete guide of its kind. Written by a team of expats who live in and kw China's roaring capital, our Hong Kong title is the first HK city guidebook to offer an opportunity to win a free trip through China by purchasing the book. Apart from all the money readers can save by following the Panda, this edition of Hong Kong also comes with a pullout map of the city, while individual maps can be found inside for key tourist attractions, and mini-maps are provided for every local business (hotels, hostels, bars, and restaurants) that show all major cross streets and the nearest subway station(s). What's more, we've made the travel experience even easier by placing each attraction's vital info (i.e. transportation details, opening hours, admission, phone number, website, etc.) in clearly marked orange boxes at the beginning of every listing. This volume is also packed with sample itineraries, a Cantonese phrasebook, a user-friendly index, sections on culture, history, art, music, and movies, full-color pictures (to give you an engrossing feel of a destination before the reader even goes) and much more! Plus, the Hot Topics section will reveal what life on the ground is like with coverage of fascinating themes such as Air Pollution, Food & Water Safety, Traveling with Kids, Scams, Travel, Culture Shock, Taboo & Etiquette and others. For all this and more, Panda Guides Hong Kong isn't just a guide, it's an experience. For more on our books and maps, and to get updated information concerning travel news and special events throughout China, check out www.PandaGuides.com.
- Author BiographyMitchell Blatt Mitchell grew up in Cleveland, OH and graduated from Indiana University with a B.A. in journalism. He has written about sports, travel and culture. Since he began studying Chinese, he has become obsessed with Chinese culture and travel. Living in Hong Kong, he contributes to outlets such as ChinaHush, eChinaCities, and TheChinaChronicle.com, where his coverage includes stories on Hong Kong arts, film, and music, and a guide for Go Nomad on traveling on a budget in Hong Kong. In his free time, he enjoys visiting Hong Kong's beautiful country parks. Triston Brewer Born in Dallas, Texas, Triston moved to Europe over ten years ago, working as a performance artist and writer in several countries. Fluent in German, Spanish, and Dutch, he has lived in the cities of Barcelona, Berlin, Istanbul to name a few. He has been published in The Huffington Post, Trespass (London), Adaras Magazine (Miami) as well as featured in publications such as the New York Times, Vogue Italia, Turkish Huriyet and other on-line and print magazines in the U.S. and internationally. He recently released his first novel on life abroad. Currently, he resides in Hong Kong, and is working on his next novel. Robert Linnet Born in Denver, CO, Robert received his B.A. in Linguistics from the nearby University of Colorado. After growing up admiring ancient Taoist philosophies and the furious fists of Bruce Lee and Gordon Liu, he came to China in 2009 for a summer stint at a martial arts school and a month of travel. Utterly smitten with the country and the language, he hurried back in the summer of 2010 and has made it his home ever since. Robert has traveled to more than 20 cities throughout China (the list is ever growing), practices kettlebell and Baji Chuan kung fu, and is obsessed with adding to the thousands of Chinese characters he currently reads and writes.
- Author(s)Mitchell Blatt,Robert Linnet,Triston Brewer
- PublisherPanda Guides Publishing Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitlePanda Guides Hong Kong
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPanda Guides Publishing Inc.
- Content NoteHundreds of color photos
- Weight340 g
- Width131 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byGrant Dou,Robert Linnet,Trey Archer
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.55Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $13.15Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.