All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionSze-yuen Chung is a veteran Hong Kong politician and an important figure in the development of Hong Kong over the past forty years. He has played a significant role in Hong Kong's political, ecomic, educational, and social development from its time as a British colony to its designation as a Special Administrative Region of China. Indeed, he is probably the only native son of Hong Kong who was closely and actively involved in the entire process of transferring Hong Kong's sovereignty back to China.These memoirs record Chung's personal experiences in Hong Kong's political scene in the two decades between 1979 and 1999 and his role in the Si-British negotiations that led to the transition from British colonial rule to a position of automy under Chinese sovereignty.Chung's reflections -- much of which are published here for the first time -- are a valuable source of information on this important period in the history of Hong Kong. It will be of interest to all those who wish to kw what actually happened during those pivotal years when the future course of Hong Kong was determined.
- PublisherThe Chinese University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintThe Chinese University Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps, col. ports.
- Weight785 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited bySze-Yuen Chung
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.