All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHor Your Anger is a clearly written, insightful look at a topic that concerns everyone. You can indeed learn to understand and manage your anger, and this book will show you how. ----Robert Epstein, Ph.D., West Coast Editor, Psychology Today, Director Emeritus, Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies, University Research Professor, California School of Professional Psychology A critical first step for people who have trouble getting in touch with their anger and expressing it in direct and appropriate ways. ----Virginia Williams, Ph.D., coauthor of Anger Kills and Lifeskills Do you act out your anger in destructive or underhanded ways? Or do you suppress your anger and turn other peoplea s abuse and criticism against yourself? Anger is a rmal, healthy emotion. But if ita s channeled in negative directions, anger can do real damage to you and your loved ones. In this provocative, healing book, psychotherapist Beverly Engel explains why your personal anger style may be hurting your relationships, your career, and yourself. She then shows you step by step how to transform a negative anger style into a positive one. Once youa ve discovered how to express your anger in healthy ways, youa ll find that anger can empower you, motivate you to make important changes, and help you gain a sense of control over your life.
- Author BiographyBEVERLY ENGEL is an internationally recognized therapist with an expertise in anger, abuse, and relationships. A psychotherapist for more than twenty--eight years, she is the author of fifteen books, including Breaking the Cycle of Abuse, The Emotionally Abusive Relationship, Loving Him without Losing You, The Power of Apology, and The Emotionally Abused Woman. She conducts professional training programs and has been a guest expert on national television networks and shows, including CNN, Oprah, Donahue, Ricki Lake, and Starting Over.
- Author(s)Beverley Engel
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2004
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.