All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionPolitics isn't a four-letter word.Everyone's been at that dinner party. The conversation takes a political turn. The arguments start, the atmosphere grows tense, and all that remains is a hopeless stalemate and an awkward silence. Makes you wonder . . . is thoughtful and productive dialogue about politics even possible?In Horing God in the Red or Blue, Dr. Amy Black addresses the debaters as well as those intimidated or anyed by the debaters; political junkies and the contented uninvolved. She explains the purposes and limitations of our system and helps readers create realistic expectations for government. While God's truth is perfect, human application of it is t, a reality that shouldn't deter us from engaging in debate and staying informed. Rather, it should challenge us to raise our standards for how we speak about the issues-and those in office. It's time to approach political divides with an extra measure of grace. Success begins with seeking God's hor first and foremost, regardless of where we fall on the political spectrum. Don't limit yourself to chatting about the weather.
- Author BiographyDR. AMY E. BLACK is Associate Professor of Political Science and chair of the department of Politics & International Relations at Wheaton College (IL). Prior to joining the Wheaton faculty in 2001, she taught at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. A specialist in American Government, her research interests include religion and politics and Congress. Her books include Religion and American Politics: Classic and Contemporary Perspectives, edited with Douglas Koopman and Larycia Hawkins (Pearson Longman, 2011), Beyond Left and Right: Helping Christians Make Sense of American Politics (Baker Books, 2008), From Inspiration to Legislation: How an Idea Becomes a Law (Prentice Hall, 2007), and, with Douglas Koopman and David Ryden, Of Little Faith: The Politics of George W. Bush's Faith Based Initiatives (Georgetown, 2004). She and her husband, Wheaton theology professor Dan Treier, live in Wheaton with their daughter Anna.
- Author(s)Amy E Black
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date20/03/2014
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.