All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe tradition of rug hooking is alive and kicking in the Heart of Dixie. Through 844 images, meet the people behind these hooked rugs of art, including a Hollywood great that gave it all up to hook rugs in Georgia. Be incarcerated with Mississippi hookers at Jail House Rock. Visit a Tennessee home with an all rug-hooking decor. Meet a Southern Tasha Tudor who is the expert on natural dyeing. Take a look back at rug hooking in rural Alabama between the two World Wars, and see what was considered elegant and all the rage in 1940s Louisiana. Rug patterns and original designs are also chronicled here: lush floral motifs, intricate geometrics, Oriental and Persian styles, impressionistic portraits, scenic landscapes, and glimpses of the Old South. This is a great reference book for all rug hooking enthusiasts, fiber artists, folk art lovers, collectors, history buffs, and lovers of anything Deep South.
- Author BiographyJessie Turbayne is an internationally recognized authority on hooked rugs. She also teaches rug hooking. Jessie lives in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Jessie A. Turbayne
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note844 images
- Weight1748 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.