All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter two decades of techlogical disruption, ecomic collapse, social upheaval, political polarization and a war on terror, one generation carries on its shoulders the responsibility to return us to a time of social balance and ecomic growth. The Hooked Up Generation was born into disruption, but is destined to lead the world into a transcendental period of tolerance and peace. They are hooked on the Internet, hooked together by the Internet, and hooking up in relationships managed and defined by the Internet.
Jack Myers tells you why today s college students may prove to be the next Great Generation and possibly the greatest generation of the 21st century. The Hooked Up Generation will make you hopeful about its future and yours.
Once again, Jack Myers has his fingers on the pulse on the very latest, the impulses of the kids who will one day run the whole show, and he has the statistics to back up his cogent insights. This is by turns an absorbing, disturbing and ultimately indispensable account of a hugely misunderstood demographic group that will shape our future. Myers clearly has done his homework and the result is this superb study.
Ken Burns, Filmmaker
At the Newhouse School, we are living with the Hooked Up Generation and experiencing the extraordinary transformation that Jack Myers has brilliantly captured. This is a must read for educators, parents and all those who care about the next generation of leaders.
Lorraine Branham, Dean, S.I. Newhouse School of Communications at Syracuse University
These Internet Pioneers, born between 1991 and 1995, are t like us. They absorbed the Internet like a native language while the rest of us struggled to learn it. Any time w, these pioneers will be commanding the agenda and we d better understand them. Hooked Up is the best guide to the future that I ve yet come across.
Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO, WPP Group
The Hooked Up Generation is rewriting feminism, sexuality, politics, education, language, relationships, and media. This accessible and fascinating book brings new insights into how our cyber-society is shaping a captivating generation. The message is clear: the Hooked Up Generation offers hope for the future of our planet.
Mary Brabeck, Dean of the Steinhardt School, New York University
- Author(s)Jack Myers
- PublisherYork House Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYork House Press
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.66