All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the comic duo behind The Runaway Dinner and The Pencil comes a day in the life of a loaf of bread, told slice by yummy slice. Early in the morning the baker bakes a delicious loaf of bread. So delicious, in fact, that by the time the sun goes down it has been gobbled up! Who eats it all? Well, the baker munches on its crunchy crust. The baker s wife eats some toast for breakfast, and the baker s son gets a cheese and ham sandwich for lunch. And let s t forget the dog! As the loaf gets smaller, slice by slice and crumb by crumb, everyone eats their fill: ducks, fishes, birds, and even a teeny tiny mouse who nibbles up the very last scrap. With lively rhymes, fun illustrations, and an infectious refrain, Allan Ahlberg and Bruce Ingman cook up a tasty tale that is sure to become a read-aloud staple.
- Author BiographyAllan Ahlberg is the acclaimed author of numerous picture books, including four prior titles illustrated by Bruce Ingman. His best-known series, featuring The Jolly Postman and its sequels, has sold millions of copies worldwide. He lives in Bath, England. Bruce Ingman is the award-winning illustrator of four books by Allan Ahlberg and the author-illustrator of When Martha s Away. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Allan Ahlberg
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width254 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.02
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.