All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHip, hip, hooray! Marcia Williams wields her witty comic-book style to applaud the creators of inventions that changed the world and to inspire the inventor in us all. What are your eight favorite inventions, and who were the persevering minds behind them? In a style as vivacious and accessible as ever, Marcia Williams hors the fine folks who brought us the printing press, the steam condenser, the steam train, the electric light, all of them stepping stones to ever more awesome inventions to come. Interspersed are brief snapshots of more than a hundred other inventions, from toothpaste to toilet paper rolls, the World Wide Web to, yes, sliced bread. There's also a tribute to women inventors the force behind such indispensable items as windshield wipers, submarine telescopes, and bulletproof vests.
- Author BiographyMARCIA WILLIAMS has written and illustrated many books in her highly successful and hilarious comic-strip style. Of HOORAY FOR INVENTORS!, she says, It is awesome to think that it's only comparatively recently that we've had electric light, yet now we find it almost impossible to imagine life without it. The utter darkness that surrounded people would have continued to cloak us without . . . inventors! Hooray for them! Marcia Williams lives in London.
- Author(s)Marcia Williams
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication10/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width211 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Marcia Williams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.