All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHootah's Baby is an allegorical story about a mother owl whose life-style choices have made it impossible to be an effective mother. The community steps in to ensure the baby's safety. It is t about whether or t the mother loves her baby. It is all about mothering skills and the child's need to be safe. Hootah's Baby is a tool to be used to help children of court-ordered relinquishment and/or state custody to understand the complex issues that have led to their current life situation. Helps are included for the adult who reads this book with these children to be able to assist them to open windows of communication that will help them understand basic truths: they are t at fault; the courts are t the bad guys; and their mothers do, in fact, love them. They simply cant parent any child at that point in their lives.
- Author(s)Joanne Green
- PublisherSaga Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaga Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight102 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.