All listings for this product
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.68New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.16Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $23.64
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.20Trending at AU $94.90
About this product
- DescriptionIn these turbulent times when wars, religious, strife, stifling bureaucracy and urban decay threaten our very humanity, reducing us to social statistics, a fresh approach to the creation of a truly viable society is desperately needed. In this intellectual tour de force, J. Donald Walters, analyses, with deep insight, the views expressed by many of the great thinkers in the West, including Plato, Copernicus, Machiavelli, Malthus, Adam Smith, Charles Darwin, Karl Marx and Sigmund Freud. He studies their conceptions and misconceptions about the individual's relation to himself and to society. He shows where their influence has proved adverse, then offers deeply considered, fresh alternatives. Walters urges the reader to resist the hypsis of intellectual authority. Seek the key to a happy and fulfilled life, he says, in personal integrity. In his last chapter he draws on his own experience in developing co-operative communities. He describes how they can encourage a common-sense way of life, deepen human relationships, and inspire people to fulfil their own higher potentials. HOPE FOR A BETTER WORLD! offers compelling solutions to many of the challenges that face humanity today. Indeed, it succeeds - originally and excitingly - in offering real hope for a better world.
- Author(s)J.Donald Walters
- PublisherCrystal Clarity,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrystal Clarity,U.S.
- Weight500 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.