Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcomic collapse, poverty, disease, natural disasters, the constant threat of community unrest and international terrorism-a quick look at any newspaper is eugh to cause almost anyone to feel trapped and desparate. Yet the recent election also revealed a growing search for hope spreading through society. In the timely Hope in the Age of Anxiety, Anthony Scioli and Henry Biller illuminate the nature of hope and offer a multitude of techniques designed to improve the lives of individuals, and bring more light into the world. In this fascinating and humane book, Scioli and Biller reveal the ways in which human beings acquire and make use of hope. Hope in the Age of Anxiety is meant to be a definitive guide. The evolutionary, biological, and cultural roots of hope are covered along with the seven kinds of hope found in the world's religions. Just as vital, the book provides many personal tools for addressing the major challenges of the human condition: fear, loss, illness, and death. Some of the key areas illuminated in Hope in the Age of Anxiety: How do you build and sustain hope in trying times? How can hope help you to achieve your life goals? How can hope improve your relationships with others? How can hope aid your recovery from trauma or illness? How does hope relate to spirituality? Hope in the Age of Anxiety identifies the skills needed to cultivate hope, and offers suggestions for using these capacities to realize your life goals, support health and healing, strengthen relationships, enhance spirituality, and iculate yourself against the despair that engulfs many individuals.
- Author BiographyAnthony Scioli is Professor of Clinical Psychology at Keene State College. Dr. Scioli completed Harvard fellowships in human motivation and behavioral medicine. He co-authored the chapter on emotion for the Encyclopedia of Mental Health and currently serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Positive Psychology and the Psychology of Religion and Spirituality. Henry Biller is Professor of Clinical Psychology at The University of Rhode Island. A fellow of the American Psychological Association, he has served on the advisory board of the Men's Health Network and the editorial board of the Archives of Sexual Behavior. He has authored nine books, including The Father Factor: What You Need to Know to Make a Difference.
- Author(s)Anthony Scioli,Henry Biller
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/09/2009
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight762 g
- Width164 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.