Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1942 and Dorothy Taylor, w eighteen, dreams of distant lands far from the grey backstreets of Rotherhithe where she has spent all her life. As the war rages on, excitement comes in the form of the Americans posted in London. Although Dolly is engaged to Tony, a boy from her street who has been called up, she can't help but fall in love with Joe, a dashing American GI who eventually asks her to marry him. But America is t all she imagined it would be, and she's shocked by the cool welcome Joe's mother gives her. As she struggles to make friends and understand the man she's married, Dorothy begins to realise that she made a terrible mistake when she walked away from Tony, and wonders if he even remembers the incent young girl who broke his heart. Only when she returns to Rotherhithe can she find out if there is still a chance of happiness for the two of them.
- Author BiographyDee Williams was born and brought up in Rotherhithe in East London where her father worked as a stevedore in Surrey Docks. Dee now lives near Portsmouth.
- Author(s)Dee Williams
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication02/06/2003
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Weight199 g
- Width112 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.