Horary Astrology Re-examined: The Possibility or the Impossibility of the Matter Propounded by Barbara Dunn (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $100.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHorary Astrology Re-examined is a detailed and highly informative book, demonstrating clearly and unambiguously that traditional methods are applicable to all astrology. There is division between different 'branches'. Barbara Dunn examines the methods by which astrologers of the past evaluated planetary strengths in order to make a judgement on a Question, Nativity, Election or any other type of chart. These evaluations provide a platform for judgement today, in just the same way as they did over a thousand years ago. For all charts, the process of evaluation is broadly the same, what Coley calls the short comprehensive and approved rules of Art . The focus of this work is Questions and the aim practical rather than philosophical. Horary Astrology Re-examined is a comprehensive reference work, as well as a casebook, giving judgement on over fifty Questions. Ptolemy, Al Biruni, Masha'allah, Abu Ma'shar, Abu 'Ali Al Khayyat, Bonatti, Dariot and William Lilly are just some of the authors referred to. Where there are doubts arising through a poor translation, an unsympathetic translator or other factors, Ms Dunn provides clarification. Instead of seeking to change or modify the tools and techniques handed down by our ancestors, or denying that astrology is about prediction, Horary Astrology Re-examined offers confirmation that astrologers need to come to grips with their history, complex as it is. like an isolated ethnic group, they need the courage of their identity in a hostile world. [Kitson]
- Author BiographyAfter graduating from the London School of Economics, Barbara enrolled with the Faculty of Astrological Studies, graduating with their Diploma in 1988. Barbara subsequently studied horary astrology with Olivia Barclay and graduated with the QHP Diploma (Qualifying Horary Practitioner) in 1990. Barbara was Head Tutor for the QHP for several years and then became Principal following Olivia Barclay's death in 2001. The QHP course has students world wide and is the only horary course, whose graduates are eligible to join the APA (Association of Professional Astrologers). Barbara is also a well known media astrologer and has written for a large number of national and international titles over the past twelve years.
- Author(s)Barbara Dunn
- PublisherWessex Astrologer Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationBournemouth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWessex Astrologer Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.