About this product
- DescriptionBritish soldier Peter Lenx, a POW in an Italian prison camp, is still fighting his own war. An artist in civilian life, his hands bear the scars of wounds received during his capture at the fall of Tobruk, and he suspects he will never paint again. The only thing that sustains him is plotting his escapes, matter how many times he is recaptured. But in September 1943 the Italians surrender to the Allies, and Lenx is free. Wanting thing more than to return to the fighting, he is instead assigned to the mountains of the South Tyrol as a liaison to a desperate band of resistance fighters. With little more than courage and kwledge of the local terrain, Lenx and his comrades must help pave the way for an Allied push that may change the course of the war.
- Author BiographyHelen MacInnes (1907-1985) was the Scottish-born American author of 21 spy novels. Dubbed the queen of spy writers , her books have sold more than 25 million copies in the United States alone and have been translated into over 22 languages. Several of her books have been adapted into films, such as Above Suspicion (1943), with Joan Crawford, and The Salzburg Connection (1972).
- Author(s)Helen MacInnes
- PublisherTitan Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTitan Books Ltd
- Weight159 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.