All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor those of us who have labored in the field of hormonal carcigenesis, it has been most gratifying to see its rapid growth and increasing relevance in recent years. Although many factors and forces have contributed to this phemen, a few appear particularly significant. Perhaps foremost is the realization that two of the most prevalent cancers which afflict women and men; that is, breast and prostate, have essential hormonal component(s) to their etiologies. This should t surprise us since the high frequency of these cancers in human populations has to date t been attributed to any exogeus physical, environmental, or dietary factor(s). A similar argument may be applied to other less prevalent but equally important cancers including ovarian, endometrial, testicular, cervico- vaginal, pituitary, thyroid, and sex hormone-associated hepatic neoplasms. The Office of Research on Women's Health and many women's interest groups have been instrumental in fostering research and public awareness on women's cancers. Similar concern is beginning to emerge for solely male cancers by other groups. To illustrate an example of the potential pervasive role of hormones in the human, particularly sex hormones, Figure I depicts the endogeus and kwn exogeus exposures to estrogens and progestins during a woman's lifetime, which may contribute to increased risk for hormonally-associated cancers . . = iii M. A. P. _ GI en 2 PoOlmepauoal ~ EstrogDn ~ Proge. tln GI en J\ Ovulatory _ 2 Cyel. iii W DES EIP Metr . 1 Ol,order.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight831 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJan-Ake Gustafsson,Jonathan J. Li,Lea I. Sekely,Sara A. Li,Satyabrata Nandi
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.