All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionHorribly awkward comedy has never been so popular. The trend is for discomfort: we love to squirm at Ricky Gervais' creations, we applaud as Sacha Baron Cohen humiliates his victims, we relish the feelings of disgust that characters from Little Britain give rise to. This book will look at leading pioneers of the obscene, the cringe worthy and the extreme. Including TV successes such as Catherine Tate, Peep Show, Alan Partridge, Peter Kay, The Mighty Boosh, Brass Eye, League of Gentlemen as well stand-up routines from the likes of Russell Brand, Simon Amstell and Eddie Izzard. Leading us chapter-by-chapter though the new comedy scene, Ed Page also looks at the film exploits of comedians like Simon Pegg, Bill Bailey and many more.
- Author BiographyEdwin Page has a first class degree in film and literary studies and has had several stories, poems and articles published in a variety of magazines. He is the author of Quintessential Tarantino and Gothic Fantasy: The Films of Tim Burton also published by Marion Boyars Publishers.
- Author(s)Edwin Page
- PublisherMarion Boyars Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMarion Boyars Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.