All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautiful book shows a side of the Indian subcontinent that few have seen before. Award-winning photographer Henry Dallal spent three years in Rajasthan photographing one of the last remaining active horse-mounted regiments in the world to produce a scintillating impression of Indian horsemen and horsemanship. But Horse Warriors shows so much more than the pageantry of the annual Republic Day Parade; the competitive excellence of the international polo fields of Jaipur; and the professional expertise of a cavalry regiment. Whether in the dusty traditional horse and camel fairs of the Thar Desert, cool Victorian interiors of the Babugarh Breeding Centre, or with the madic Nihang warriors mounted on India's indigeus Marwari horses, Henry Dallal's evocative photography shows (as did his earlier book Pageantry and Performance on Britain's Household Cavalry) an uncanny understanding of horses and horsemen and a brilliant ability to photograph them.
- Author BiographyHenry Dallal is an award-winning photographer who has, among other commissions, been appointed to photograph Queen Elizabeth II. His previous books include Pageantry and Performance and The Household Cavalry in a Celebration of Pictures.
- Author(s)Henry Dallal
- PublisherHenry Dallal
- Date of Publication30/09/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHenry Dallal
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight2313 g
- Width240 mm
- Height360 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Photographs byHenry Dallal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.