All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Korean War, a horse named Reckless worked alongside U.S. Marines to carry heavy ammunition to the front lines. During one battle, Reckless made 51 trips to the front lines in a single day, and even brought wounded soldiers back to the base camp. Today, horses, donkeys, and mules help Marines who are fighting in the mountains of Afghanistan. These animals can move across rough, rocky terrain that trucks and Humvees cant pass. In this book, young readers will meet the pack animals that help the U.S. Marines by carrying weapons and supplies. They'll also discover the history, training, and care of these brave working animals. Full-color photos and dramatic true tales capture the stories of these animals and their critical military missions.
- Author(s)Meish Goldish
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleAmerica's Animal Soldiers
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width206 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.