All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Trilogy explains What is Horticulture? . Volume one of Horticulture: Plants for People and Places describes in considerable depth the science, management and techlogy which underpins the continuous production of fresh and processed horticultural produce. Firstly, there is a consideration of techlogical invation derived from basic scientific discoveries which has given rise to entirely new industries, markets, vel crops and changed social habits. Then follows accounts of the modern production of: Field Vegetables, Temperate Fruit, Tropical Fruit, Citrus, Plantation Crops, Berry Crops, Viticulture, Protected Crops, Flower Crops, New Crops, Post-harvest Handling, Supply Chain Management and the Environmental Impact of Production. Each chapter is written by ackwledged world experts. Never before has such an array of plentiful, high quality fresh fruit, vegetables and ornamentals been available year-round in the World's retail markets. Horticulture gives consumers this gift of nutritious, high quality, safe and diverse fresh foods. This is achieved by manipulating plant growth, reproduction and postharvest husbandry. The multi-billion dollar international industry achieving this is Production Horticulture the subject of this informative book.
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 126 colour illustrations, 34 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight1187 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDavid E. Aldous,Geoffrey R. Dixon
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.