All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA security director must have kwledge of criminal and civil law, risk and personnel management, budgeting and finance, and a host of other areas in order to be effective. Hospitality Security: Managing Security in Today's Hotel, Lodging, Entertainment, and Tourism Environment provides experience-based, proven methods for preventing and resolving the challenges faced by today's hospitality practitioner. Designed for both vice security professionals and industry veterans in need of a reference, the book covers: Risk assessment, where threats and vulnerabilities are calculated with probabilities to determine risk The security plan, where you decide how to apply various layers of control to mitigate the risks Budgeting: the amount of money available to implement the plan determines the next step Policies: how to document policies into a security manual, training manual, emergency procedures manual, and incident action plan Staffing: scheduling, wages, deployment, and contract security Training, including specialized topics such as use of force and bike patrol Physical security and patrol procedures Alarm and camera systems and various software programs Emergency procedures and response Investigations, interviews, and crime analysis Executive skills: learning from proven leadership styles Ideal for vices and veterans alike, this accessible, reader-friendly primer enables security directors to evaluate what risks are inherent to hospitality environments, analyze those risks through threat and vulnerability assessments, and develop methods to mitigate or eliminate them-all the while keeping customers and personnel safe and improving the bottom line.
- Author BiographyDarrell Clifton, CPP, is Director of Security at Circus Circus Hotel Casino in Reno, Nevada. During his 25 years in Security Management, he has spearheaded the creation, writing, and implementation of new policies and programs on such topics as Workplace Violence Prevention, Hotel Security, Casino Security and Surveillance, Crime Prevention, Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity, Drug Recognition, and many others. Clifton chairs several community and national organizations, including the Downtown Police Tax District, Alcohol Advisory Board, Washoe County Business Preparedness Committee, and the Northern Nevada Chapter of American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS). He also sits on the board of directors for Secret Witness, AlertID, and is the vice chairman of the Hospitality, Entertainment and Tourism Council. He is a frequent contributor to Security Magazine, Casino Journal, and a speaker at ASIS; Reed Exhibitions; University of Nevada, Reno; University of Nevada, Las Vegas; and Gamepath. Clifton is also a FEMA-certified Continuity of Operations Manager and participates in several state task forces to plan, write, and implement Continuity of Operations (COOP), Continuity of Government (COG), and other emergency plans. He was named by Security Magazine as one of the most influential people in the security industry.
- Author(s)Darrell Clifton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/06/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight774 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.