All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionWe live amid increasing ethical plurality and fragmentation while at the same time more and more questions of moral gravity confront us. Some of these questions are new, such as those around human cloning and genetics. Other questions that were previously settled have re-emerged, such as those around the place of religion in politics. Responses to such questions are diverse, numerous and often vehemently contested. Hospitality as Holiness seeks to address the underlying question facing the church within contemporary moral debates: how should Christians relate to their neighbours when ethical disputes arise? The problems the book examines centre on what the nature and basis of Christian moral thought and action is, and in the contemporary context, whether moral disputes may be resolved with those who do t share the same framework as Christians. Bretherton establishes a model - that of hospitality - for how Christians and n-Christians can relate to each other amid moral diversity. This book will appeal to those interested in the broad question of the relationship between reason, tradition, natural law and revelation in theology, and more specifically to those engaged with questions about plurality, tolerance and ethical conflict in Christian ethics and medical ethics.
- Author BiographyLuke Bretherton is Senior Lecturer in Theology & Politics, and Convenor of the Faith & Public Policy Forum at King's College London. He has worked with a variety of faith-based NGOs, mission agencies and churches in several national and international contexts. He is the author of Christianity and Contemporary Politics: The Conditions and Possibilities of Faithful Witness (2010) and Reviews Editor of the journal Political Theology.
- Author(s)Luke Bretherton
- PublisherAshgate Publishing Group
- Date of Publication28/06/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAldershot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.