All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe explosive new thriller from New York Times-bestselling author and master of the medical thriller, Robin Cook, takes readers back to where the genre began, and the questions posed in Coma: what happens when incent hospital patients are used as medical 'incubators' against their will? Lynn Peirce, a fourth-year medical student at Mason-Dixon University, thinks she has her life figured out. But when her otherwise healthy boyfriend, Carl, enters the hospital for routine surgery, she doesn't kw it's the last time she will see him whole again. Devastated by Carl's death, Lynn searches for answers. Convinced there's more to the story than what the authorities are willing to reveal, Lynn uses all her resources at Mason-Dixon - including her initially reluctant lab partner, Michael - to hunt down evidence of medical error or malpractice. What she uncovers, however, is far more disturbing. Hospitals associated with Middleton Healthcare, including the one attached to Mason-Dixon, have unnervingly high rates of unexplained complications in the wake of routine surgery. When Lynn and Michael begin to receive death threats, they kw they're into something bigger than either of them anticipated. They soon enter a desperate race against time for answers before shadowy forces behind Middleton Healthcare can put a stop to their efforts once and for all.
- Author BiographyDoctor and author Robin Cook is widely credited with introducing the word 'medical' to the thriller genre, and over twenty years after the publication of his breakthrough novel, Coma, he continues to dominate the category he created. Robin Cook has successfully combined medical fact with fiction to produce many international bestsellers, including Outbreak, Terminal, Contagion and Cell. Host, is his most recent.
- Author(s)Robin Cook
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight554 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementOpen Market
- Interest AgeFrom
Most relevant reviews
- pearlpip24 Feb, 2016by
Another awesome book by my favourite author, Robin Cook. This is an exciting and riveting read...a book that you won't want to put down!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.41Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.