All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionHostage Rescue Manual is a comprehensive, illustrated source on the dynamic operations which have saved hundreds of lives in hostage situations around the world. It is based on strategies that have proved successful in numerous incidents, including the landmark SAS rescue at Prince's Gate, London, and is compiled by an author with intimate and practical kwledge of the field. The success of a rescue is often determined in the hours leading up to confrontation. Once an incident has been 'contained', a large share of the responsibility for a successful conclusion rests with the hostage negotiator, whose job it is to save the lives of both hostage and hostage-taker. But if negotiations fail, it becomes necessary to send in the hostage-rescue team to resolve the situation by force and skill. The Hostage Rescue Manual explains the complex factors that determine the entry methods undertaken by a team, with discussion of the pros and cons of stealth versus dynamic approaches, plus the significance of distraction in securing successful site entry.Operations in widely differing locations, from nuclear power plants to airliners are detailed, as are the range of special weapons available to the men and women tackling each incident. We learn of the multiple roles played by participants, such as the use of snipers as intelligence sources. With vivid photographs and diagrams of rescue units in action, this is the complete reference work on counter-terrorist procedures all over the world. This revised edition brings the book completely up to date with an entirely new section devoted to developments in hostage rescue since first publication, among them operations in Russia and Iraq.
- Author BiographyThe author of The Bodyguard Manual, The Counter Insurgency Manual and Secret Techniques of the Elite Forces, Leroy Thompson is one of the world's leading authorities on special army and police units. He is the author of more than ten other books and numerous articles. He lives in the USA.
- Author(s)Leroy Thompson
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrontline Books
- Content Notephotographs and diagrams throughout
- Width184 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.