All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHostas originated mainly in Japan and were t introduced to Britain until the nineteenth century. They were grown and collected in Europe and America for the next two hundred years, but it was their move into containers that boosted their popularity and with their vibrant foliage made them an exuberant feature of gardens in the last twenty years. With the expert kwledge of Richard Ford, a Chelsea gold-medal winning nurseyman, this practical book looks at all aspects of their care and cultivation and will inspire everyone to make the most of hostas in their garden.
- Author BiographyRichard Ford graduated in botany from University College, London, followed by a postgraduate course specialising in plant pathology at Cambridge University. After 25 years in the crop protecting industry, Richard with his wife Mary set up Park Green Nurseries, which has now been established for over 25 years and specializes in hostas. Richard and Mary have been awarded 180 gold medals for their hosta displays, this tally includes over 60 Royal Horticultural Society gold medals with seven awarded at the Chelsea Flower Show.
- Author(s)Richard Ford
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note250 colour photographs 3 drawings
- Weight722 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.