All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you get when you mix Tater Tots, ground beef, and cream of mushroom soup? Tater Tot Hot Dish, of course! Retired Minneapolis Star Tribune Taste section editor -- the delightful auntie every discerning foodie wants to call their own -- Ann Burckhardt brings back the comfy casseroles of the fifties and sixties with modern updates for busy families, swingin' singles, and twenty-first-century pot luckers in Hot Dish Heaven. A veritable geography of the best-of-the-best hot dishes, this handy cookbook features seventy kitchen-tested recipes collected from casserole conisseurs across the Midwest. Emphasising the use of fresh, nutritious ingredients without losing sight of the importance of a good can of soup in the right bake-and-share meal, Burckhardt balances delicious down-home selections like Texas Hash, Football Stew, and Reuben Bake with such wholesome one-dish wonders as Whole Grain Pilaf and Tian of Rice and Zucchini. You too can dine like the stars with such dazzling feasts as Phoebe's Peach Noodle Kugel from the childhood kitchen of comedian Al Franken and the Cedric Adams Hot Dish, named after the late Broadcasting Hall of Famer once kwn as the 'voice of the Upper Midwest'. Burckhardt gives us the history of each dish, the classic variations, and ideas for cooking and sharing in today's busy world.
- Author BiographyAnn L. Burckhardt is a former reporter, columnist, and editor for the Taste section of the Star Tribune and has written or edited over twenty-five books on food, including the original edition of the popular Betty Crocker Cooky Book and A Cook s Tour of Minnesota (MHS Press).
- Author(s)Ann L. Burckhardt
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width230 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.